Vitamins could help with ADHD: study
Daily wine boosts immunity: study
300 kilogram woman refused surgery
How thin people make you fat
Look and feel fabulous this spring
The mercury is rising and spring is finally here! There is no doubt many of us are suddenly a little nervous (or even down right scared), about the idea of getting into bikinis that looked so good before the chill of winter (and the inevitable extra couple of kilograms that came with it!).
Introducing food home-delivery program EatFitFood's secret weapon Zoe Bingley-Pullin and the answer to our post winter worries. As a qualified nutritionist and chef, Zoe knows all the ins and outs of looking after your self while still enjoying the great flavors of the foods we love. Here are a few of her tips to get you on the path to looking and feeling fabulous.
- Hydration is important. 1 – 2 liters of fluid (i.e. water) is required daily to maintain alkalinity which helps to metabolise toxins faster, assist with hydration levels and bowel and kidney health.
- Regular eating of EatFitFood meals will help stabilizes blood sugar levels, reducing temptation to consume unhealthy foods such as high GI carbohydrates.
- The government advises 5 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit daily. These foods provide a cross section of nutrients for healthy living (Zoe says she would be out of a job if people did this on a daily basis!).
- Fat is not a scary word when you are eating the right types of fats. The body requires 'healthy fats' in the diet to work as anti-inflammatories, lower the bad LDL cholesterol and for nervous system support. So don’t forget to include 'healthy fats' such as avocado, extra virgin olive oil, nuts and seeds, fish, flaxseeds and chia seeds into your diet.
- Protein forms the building blocks of the body and will help you feel fuller for longer. We require 1 gram of protein per kilogram of body weight daily. Protein can be obtained from animal and vegetable sources so you can be creative try quinoa, legumes, tofu and soybean products for a different way to get your daily quota.
For further information on how to get spring ready, sample detox menus or more of Zoe’s tips, visit www.eatfitfood.com.au.