Roasted pumpkin and spinach pie
White bean & capsicum salad
Home-made lamb and vegetable soup
Thai chicken salad
Keen to try low-fat, organic cooking? You'll love Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat's recipe for Thai chicken salad.
- 2 large limes, juice and some zest
- 1 small knob of ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 Thai chilli chopped
- 15gms palm sugar
- 25ml Tamari
- 200g green paw paw
- 150g carrot, peeled and grated
- ¼ head of wombok (Chinese cabbage) shredded
- 100g bean sprouts
- 4 large sprigs mint and basil chopped coarsely
- 50g macadamia nuts, slightly toasted
- 250g organic chicken breasts, skinless
Nutritional breakdown per serve: 1018kJ, 243 calories. Protein: 17.6g. Fat: 13.3g. Carbohydrate: 13g. Fibre: 7.5g.
- Combine lime, sugar, tamari, chilli, ginger, garlic and half the chopped herbs for dressing. Mix all raw ingredients with some dressing.
- Marinate the chicken with some of the dressing for 1-2 hours.
- Steam or gently bake chicken for 10-12 minutes, cool slightly and slice.
- Arrange salad on a plate, top with the chicken, drizzle with herbs, some dressing and chopped macadamias.