Kids can be notoriously fussy eaters. However, there are a few handy tips and tricks that can help make mealtimes far less stressful for you and your children and ensure that they're eating well.
- Offer simple choices that are easy and tasty to eat - such as fruit pieces, cubes of cheese, sandwiches or milk shakes.
- Try using a cookie cutter to make shapes out of sandwiches or arrange food on the plate in different shapes such as a smiling face.
- Lead by example and make sure they see you eating and enjoying different foods too.
- Once you find something that your kids will happily eat, don't be afraid to serve it more than once a week as part of a balanced diet. Kids like familiar foods, but remember to continue to offer new choices and flavours for them to try.
- Try and get kids to help out and feel involved - even it it's only helping set the table or passing you something in the kitchen.
- Don't let kids drink too much before a meal. They've only got small stomachs and this will make them feel full before they even sit down to eat.
- Above all, don't give up. Kids may need to be offered new food a few times before they feel confident to eat it.