With so many celebrities such as Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Meg Ryan, and Sheryl Crowe choosing Pilates, we ask trainer to the stars, Mari Winsor, why it's still a hot favourite.
"The reason celebrities like Pilates is because it works; it's a no-nonsense, easy, safe way of training," says Winsor. "It's guaranteed to shape and sculpt long, lean muscles in a fraction of the time of other workouts, and help individuals lose weight through a low-intensity, calorie-burning workout."
Winsor's reasons why celebrities love Pilates:
- Takes inches off your body: it elongates your muscles creating a long, lean muscle, so the body lengthens. Usually people lose a lot of inches because of this. A lot will do Pilates up to four times a week for three weeks before they start a movie or have an important event, because they know they'll lose an inch off their bodies.
- Safe: people know they're not going to get injured because it's not jarring to the joints, which is why a lot of athletes also incorporate Pilates into their training.
- Reduces stress levels: for celebrities and most of us in general, stress is a huge health factor in our lives. People are much more health conscious than they used to be.
- Time effective: time is a big constraint for Hollywood celebrities because their schedules are really busy. In one hour they get a safe, intense workout that leaves them feeling rejuvenated, not worn out.
- An all-over body workout: it's great for tackling cellulite. It tones the arms, changes the shape of your legs, flattens your stomach, firms your backside, trims your thighs, and can correct certain imbalances in your body.
- Strengthens the body: it's great for people who have weak areas like a bad back or who want to be more flexible. I also have tapes for the elderly so they can keep stretching and maintain their flexibility a little longer.
To get results:
Do it three to four times a week. After 10 times you will feel different and start to see a difference.
The hot exercise:
The Hundred: it works your lungs, heart and circulation, while lengthening your legs, arms, and strengthening your stomach all in just one minute!
To do: lie flat on your back with your arms at your side. Bring knees to chest and stretch legs to 90 degree angle. Roll up, chin down and pump arms to count of 100.
Check out her website www.winsorpilates.com for Stay as Fit as the Famous with Mari Winsor's Pilates System so you can get started at home. All you need is a floor mat.