Want legs like Cameron Diaz? Celebrity nutritionist and trainer Philip Goglia recommends the following "legs 11" workout, for pins you'll want to show off.
"For great legs, I recommend working out for one hour four days a week or every other day depending on how well you recuperate," says Goglia. "You do not want to overtrain and risk injury."
Get out of the gym
- Do long stride walking lunges with your body weight or holding two two-kilo dumbbells. This is great for the hamstrings and glutes. Do 30.
- Standing in one spot, do single leg stationary lunges: five sets of 30 repetitions for each leg. This is great for the glutes and the quadriceps.
- Do a high knee spring for 25 metres. Do five sets. This is great for quadriceps and glutes.
- Find some stairs and start walking. One flight up and down is considered one set. Do as many sets as you can in one hour. Vary your strides, with single stairs or wide stair walking. This is a great cardio exercise and targets the entire lower body. The stairs take no prisoners!
- Deep sand walking, lunging or jogging is a great overall lower body exercise.
- Find an incline to walk on walking up a mountain or street is a great way to tighten and tone your legs.
- Up and down off the ground without bending your knees. Use your glutes to make your legs elevate. It's a great way to tighten and tone your "ass-ettes".
Fuel for energy … and an athletic body
Hollywood nutritionist Elizabeth Marighetto says that while there is no food to eat for great body parts, fuelling your body properly so that you can workout to increase lean muscle mass and lose body fat will give your body a svelte, athletic look.
"If you want great legs that are lean and muscular, then working out while being meticulously clean with your diet is the key," she says.
A 'clean diet' is clean protein like salmon, yoghurt, chicken breast, eggs, lots of fresh organic fruit and vegetables and a bit of healthy raw fat like olive oil, avocado, flaxseed, nuts and seeds.
Make sure you drink lots of water and limit caffeine to keep your skin nicely smooth and hydrated.
For health, beauty, celeb gossip and more, visit: