I've been suffering from thrush for about two years now. Every month around my period I will get a bout of it. I've been to the doctors several times for it and have just been given medicine, including periods of six weeks of taking oral tablets. But none of this has worked.
Can you please suggest any natural remedies to get rid of my reoccurring thrush? It is ruining my life! I bought some tea tree oil and natural yoghurt today as I have read these will help, hopefully they will work.
There are lots of things you can do to fix thrush, which certainly makes life awfully miserable when you have it. If you are finding it hard to sleep with the discomfort, a sponge down of the genital area with a mixture of one part cider vinegar to three parts water will kill of the surface yeasts and bring comfort.
- Don't eat any sugar foods.
- Don't drink beer or wine. If this is too awful to contemplate, replace beer and wine with vodka without sweet mixers. Try lime and soda.
- Don't eat yellow cheese.
- Don't eat peanut butter or Vegemite.
- Don't use tampons.
- Buy a good probiotic from your health food store and take this daily.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep.
- Have a strategy to deal with stress in your life and make time to relax.
I am not suggesting you need to be on this restrictive diet for the rest of your life, but if you can do this for three months I am sure you will notice a big change for the better.
For more information please visit Alison Johnson’s website.