Why not revive your body in a warm, fragrant bath?
What better way to take time out for yourself than with a heavenly, warm-water bath. Make the most of it with a bath product to suit your needs whether it’s invigorating, de-stressing, soothing or smoothing.
Bath time can provide the ideal opportunity to empty your head of any busy and stressful thoughts.
"At bath time, focus on going within," says Jemma Wilks, founder of holistic health company Jing Life. "Close your eyes, take a deep, long breath and concentrate on breathing in positive energy and absorbing all the positive ions that exist naturally in the element of water," she says.
- Rejuvenate your complexion at the same time apply your favourite face mask for 10 minutes.
- Create a sanctuary: dim the lights, and light a fragrant candle.
- Get comfy with a cushion for your head to rest on. Try The Body Shop Bath Pillow, $12.95.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
For a stress-relieving, wind-down bath, look for ingredients like essential oils of chamomile, lavender and geranium.
- Payot Relaxing Bath Salts, $80.90
- Be Genki Tranquility Bath Oil, $32
- Innoxa Dreams and Desires Soothing Foam Bath, $9.99.
Treat dry, rough skin to a moisturising, softening milk bath, or one with skin-nourishing oils.
- Pure Fiji Coconut Milk Bath Soak, $44
- Ren Moroccan Rose Otto Bath Oil, $74, from Mecca Cosmetica
- Archipelago Botanicals Soy Bath Milk, $42, from Kit Cosmetics.
Relieve any aches and pains you may have with a bath of muscle-soothing mineral salts.
- Dermalogica Hydro-Active Mineral Salts, $41.50
- Glo Spa Therapeutic Body Soak in Eucalyptus, $28
- AHAVA Dead Sea Crystals, $10.
Feeling sluggish? An invigorating bath treat will help kick-start your energy anytime.
- Clarins Tonic Bath & Shower Concentrate, $38
- Decléor Energising Body Concentrate Precious Oil, $120.
- Venustus Ready-Set-Go Body Wash, $25.30.